The Hazlehurst-Jeff Davis County Board of Tourism was established by the Jeff Davis County Commission in 1996. The purpose of the board is:
The Hazlehurst-Jeff Davis Chamber of Commerce is led by a dedicated Executive Director and appointed Board Members. The Director and Board work closely together to promote Hazlehurst and Jeff Davis County as a tourist destination
The Board consists of appointed members representing the Hazlehurst City Council, the Jeff Davis Board of Commissioners, the Chamber of Commerce, the Joint Development Authority, Hospitality Businesses, Retail Business and Leisure Services. Board members serve three year terms.
Jeff Davis County:
City of Hazlehurst:
Chamber of Commerce:
Joint Development Authority:
Terry Stone (Chairman)
Susie Reed (Vice Chairman)
• The allure of the "Three Rivers": the Altamaha, Ocmulgee, and Oconee
• Agritourism and ecotourism vacation
• The connection to Jefferson Davis, the President of the Confederacy
• The wildly popular "Peaches to the Beaches" annual yard sale
• The Georgia Great Steak Cook Off
• Weekend getaways to escape the city and get back to nature in the country or Towns Bluff Park
• The unique Snipesville New Year's Day Parade and Celebration
• The success of small-town entrepreneurs like The Dumplin' Shoppe, Dad's Turkey Calls, Kauger Firearms and more
• Ideal location along the Golden Isles Highway for a "highway break"
25 East Coffee St.
Hazlehurst, GA 31539